Saturday, July 10, 2010

Big Saturday Reveal


**i am linking this up to amylouwho's sew and tell this week. Check out what everyone else has made and let them know how much you love what they made.**

The other day i gave you a sneak peek of a little project i was working on for my sweet husband. Here it is in all it's glory. I finished it in time for his imminent arrival tonight.


Here is a close up of the words, in case it was hard to see as a whole. It feels so nice to get a project done from start to finish. I hope that he will want to hang this in his office, maybe.



The project was inspired by a short PSA that Chris saw one night while we were watching TV after the kids went to bed. He thought it was great since he is a geek himself so i offhandedly joked with him about cross stitching it on a pillow for him. We laughed it off but then this idea took shape in my head and i went with it.
Posted by Picasa



16 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Very cleaver, indeed! I love the way it turned out!

Grammie/Mom said...

He'll be the "envy" of his peers!!

Angela Nash said...

That's awesome! Very nice stitching - and the quote it perfect. I'd hang it!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

That is hilarious! You're a genius

Unknown said...

very cute. what a nice little present with meaning and a bit of fun.

Kris said...

I like it!! I hope he does too!

Elizabeth said...

This is so awesome! Great Job Leslie! How did he like it?

Bella Linguini said...

Love it! I quilted something similar for my hubby for Valentine's Day... made it look like a goofy middle school love note. Worked out great as a gift since I had originally just wanted to test out an idea I had. *laugh*

Mary said...

That is hysterical--and quite crafty!

Dee said...

we are all honorary members of the Geek Squad! cool cars...cash...hands on techno wizards.

well, except me. I'm sorta the mascot!

Chris said...

I do love it, and it now hangs in a place of honor in my office. Everyone that comes in gets to see it.

Larri said...

Too funny! I embrace my 'geekiness' and always have. It's nice to stand out in the crowd ;o) Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Michelle said...

What a fun project and gift! (So much truth in that quote.) I bet your husband loved it. :-)

beth said...

what a SWeet thoughtful gift. He feels loved!!

Lappedamen said...

What a great idea. Beautiful stitching.

Nichole said...

that video is awesome. :)
way to incorporate it into something crafty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)