Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Big Loud Fun

what can i say...this night i was out voted. A Monster Truck show would not have been my choice for the evening but the rest of the family decided that it would be way fun!! I did not want to stay home alone so i went.
There was a lot of noise...and a lot of people all waiting for that moment when those trucks revved their really, i mean really, noisy engines for the first time to signal the start of the show. Mitchie was prepared with his headphones...a blankie to wear over his head(the same one we took to fireworks)..and his lion in case all else failed!
I think this one was the favorite of Avery and Mitchell. They liked that it had horns. Although i don't think Avery was that into it all. She mostly sat with me and did not make much effort to see through the crowd of screaming people. Maybe she just did not know what to make of all those screaming people.
Mitchie also really liked this one. The Batman car! I think he was most taken by the fact that there were no doors on the trucks so they had to climb through the window. At the end of the night Chris asked...did i have fun. To this i would have to say, other than the rude people, the man in front of me that kept trying to sit in my lap, and that my bum hurt from sitting on a wood bleacher for 4 hours, i had fun spending the evening with my family. At the risk of offending anyone i refrained from using my original titles.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I really like the Monster Trucks... I watched the competitions alot when I had the Speed channel (and now we do again lol) but that looks like fun :D Did Chris and Mitch have lots of fun?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)